Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A dream: Will you come back?

I...had a dream yesterday. It was so vivid. I was on a journey to somewhere.
To go somewhere and come back home. I wanted to go on this journey to prove something...either to myself or to someone else, I'm not sure. Though, knowing myself, it was probably to prove something to someone else.

And...I went on this journey. I had magic. I mostly made myself invisible, quiet, and lightweight for easy travel. I mostly hitchhike people's vans, cars or lorries. A bus once. I couldn't remember if I made it to my destination or not but part way through, the person I was hitchhiking pulled over and took a break. I went exploring the area and I met my teacher. I cancel my enchantments and went up to him and greeted him. We talked and he told me he was on holiday there. He ask me where I was going all alone?

I answered 'To nowhere and back'. He then ask me 'Are you sure you're going to come back once you're there?' I wanted to answer but I wasn't sure. I began to doubt myself. He looked at me, long and hard. After awhile, he finally stood up and says he had to leave. I was feeling lost.

I asked him, but this time, my voice sounded scared and beaten down. "Is it far to walk from here to home?"

He said to me with a slight condescending smile "You made it this far without any problems? I'm sure you can go back just as well." He packed up his things and starts to leave but he turned around and said once more "Although, walking is a long way, but you'll get there. Eventually."

I sat there dumbfounded.

I watch him leave back to home and back to his family in the direction which I came from until there was no more to see.

Then, I stared at my shaking hands.

A noise behind me rattled me out of my aggressive thoughts. The person who I was hitchhiking was packing his things and was starting to make his move out on the road again. I was left with a dilemma.

What should I do?

Where should I go?

He's throwing his knapsack in the back of his truck, patting stuff here and there to make sure everything is in order.

My mind was racing. My heartbeat is erratic. My breath is coming out in slow and shallow. At one point, I think I can't breathe.

He went into his truck, revved up his engines. I head the old monstrous truck coming to life. The sound, which had comforted me before while I was travelling, now sounded scary. He closes his door and went back into the shop, mumbling about buying snacks for his trip.

I lay there, on the ground, still. Deciding.

I watch the scary truck in fear and misery, as if it was taunting me. I then glared at it with so much hate that I could drudged up. I grabbed my stuff and started to rise from the ground. 'I will go and I will come back,' I say to myself. I will come back. Admits trying to convince myself, the truck driver had came back and got in his truck.

He started to pull on to the road. A lot of things happened at once. I was screaming mentally, "NO! NO! WAIT!" and I started running, chasing after it. I forgot to put on my enchantments, so the driver could see me again. He was thinking 'dafuq? A crazy person is chasing me!' He shifted his gear and drove of faster and faster.

The truck was out of my reach now.

I sat there on the road. Watching the guy drive off till I can't see him anymore.

After long while, what seemed like days, I got up from that road and went back home.
-----

After that, it was all a blur. As if I was in limbo till I woke up. I couldn't help feel empty inside. Did this dream have some special meaning or something? I don't know. It's too early for my brain to interpret anything. And frankly, I'm scared to know what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment