Friday, June 17, 2011

So What?

No no no no no! It's not emo, honest! -cross fingers- Hahaha~

It's just P!ink! and it's brilliant. Pswaaaahhh!

It's one of her songs in her album Funhouse. Otay, otay, I'll admit it...it's emo...but it's supper damn upbeat and very catchy. I spent all the battery on my phone this morning just listening to it and then some. My phone is now lying on my mom’s table heaving a sigh of relief right now. XD It is not used to such strenuous work of playing songs over and over again for such a long time...for I must admit; I don’t like to listen to songs for a long time. It makes me lose my focus. Yes, you read that correctly. My neurological capabilities are impaired when I listen to songs, even on volume level 1.
  
What the hell am I talking about? Well, first of, I know that the right door of those damn glass double doors to my mom’s office is lock. Countless times I had gone through this said malevolence piece of- -coughs- door and I know that it is lock. Yes. Nevertheless, what possess me to push this door hard and eventually hitting my forehead on said doors, I may never know. On a lighter note, I provide good entertainment for people waiting for the elevator in front of said door. -grins-
Another reason why I can’t brain well when I listen to music today is when I was heating water. Naw, I didn’t get injured with scalding hot water or anything (it’s not that terrible). It’s just… when I placed the electrical kettle on its plug, I didn’t notice that it caught the plastic that was sitting right next to it in between its plug.
So, I was happily enjoying my music, waiting for my water to heat up and playing a game of FreeCell when my mother walked in and said she smells something…peculiar. Now, I may not be a dog with good sensitized sense of smell, but I can be given the credit of sensing if something is amidst. Or maybe not… I didn’t smell anything and just glared slightly at my mom thinking ‘your paranoia is reaching a new worrisome level, mother’. I then decided to ease my mother’s worry and check this source of mysterious peculiar smell mother is adamant she can smell alongside her. I took out my earphones to listen to my mother ramblings better when it hit me like a brick wall. A horrible burnt smell had decided to attack my senses. I immediately look at the kettle and sure enough, the little piece of plastic that got caught was slightly melted.
Hahaha! I believe my mother deserves an apology? -sheepish look-  I didn’t know my sense of smell  was also messed up due to upbeat songs. Perhaps I focus far too much on the lyrics and rhythm that it simply must requires all my other sense to momentarily hibernate so it can use this energy to help my ears and brains to process this far too captivating tune? Mehhhhhh.
I have to agree with all the other reviewers when they say her song introduction is so strong and straightforward. Really like it. She immediately told everyone her problem and what she’s going to do about it instead of like playing it around with words. Kindda like give a new outlook on breakups from the usual slow sad songs.

I guess I just lost my boyfriend
I don't know where he went
So I'm gonna spend my money
I'm not gonna pay his rent
But what I really loved is the chorus.
So, so what, I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves and I don't need you
And guess what, I'm havin' more fun
And now that we're done I'm gonna show you tonight
She's saying despite all that, despite him leaving, she's still who she is. He can't change that or change her. Hehhhe~ :) Love this brilliant women!
So what? ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment