Thursday, February 23, 2012

Back to UniSZA

Every step I take feels lost right now.
Everything is changing and I'm thrown into a place where I'm uncertain what to feel at the moment. I just lost lots of friends that I'm really really close too and I really upset about this. I have dreams about them. They have the better choices in mind...I wish they had stayed but there's nothing I can do but smile and wish them luck while they're on their way. While I'm stuck here. -winces-

It feels like when I was a kid all over again, I think. Everyone else is moving ahead and moving somewhere but all I am is stuck in the same place, surviving. I stayed in UniSZA for several reasons and after this week, I'm starting to regret one of those reasons. I'm disgusted with myself for not moving. For even THINKING of staying. I can't even really look myself in the mirror for wanting to stay because of the reasoning I had had.

It's all done and over with though, I should just look forward to this semester. Things are going to change. I'm going to change. -glares at mirror-

Well anyways, first week back, I got a bug called hands, foot and mouth disease.


"Hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) is a human syndrome caused by intestinal viruses of the Picornaviridaefamily. The most common strains causing HFMD are Coxsackie A virus and Enterovirus 71 (EV-71).[1]

HFMD usually affects infants and children, and is quite common. It is moderately contagious and is spread through direct contact with the mucus, saliva, or feces of an infected person. It typically occurs in small epidemics in nursery schools or kindergartens, usually during the summer and autumn months. The usual incubation period is 3–7 days.

It is uncommon in adults, but those with immune deficiencies are very susceptible. HFMD is not to be confused withfoot-and-mouth disease (also called hoof-and-mouth disease), which is a disease affecting sheep, cattle, and swine, and which is unrelated to HFMD (but also caused by a member of the Picornaviridae family)." [Wikipedia, 2011]
 
First few days of the disease was a total kill. I started breaking out into spots and it hurts quite bad to walk or touch. Though, I'm now getting better, thank god. I kindda love walking, thank you very much.

Yesterday was the Dean's list award. Wish I could have gone and been with my friends for the last time but I just couldn't. They look so happy in the facebook pictures. :( I really wish I had been part of that. I'm going to miss them terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment