Saturday, September 24, 2011

IT Fair and Break Shot

Yesterday, I went to the IT Fair at Terengganu's Trade Center. It was a rather small expo. Not like the PC Fair where they uses exhibition room A and B. For this fair, they just use room A, which inadvertently means less choices. 

I got lots of things at the fair and may be well over spending budget this month. These are just some stuff I've been meaning to get for quite a while. I got a new pendrive, mouse, laptop skin, cooler pad and headphones. Just accessories, really, but it still all surmount to more then RM100. 

Today, was the Bachelor in English society's Break Shot/ExploreRace/Ice breaking session. Each group has some sophomore, juniors and seniors in it. Not forgetting us freshman as well. The overall activity was...horrid fun. There are downsides to it though. I don't even get to know all my group members all that well. Everyone was too busy chasing after the prize to break the ice. -shrug- I have no idea why they think this activity is better suited for a first bonding activity but I'm just a freshie. I'll just sit and observe. I'll get juniors of my own someday. Then, I'll have to feel their agony in having to sacrifice their free time to organise this even. Now though? Bersyukur! :D

Not to say this activity wasn't fun or all that. There were upsides and downsides to it. Just like life, of course! The most hilarious part was the dunking for clues part. The water was mix with flower and eggs. Major Yuckness! The clues are riddles you need to solve which are hard, by the by. Hate riddles! Though, we manage to put our heads together to solve the clues/riddles which were kindda fun. I know Dickens, a sophomore, to be some sort of arrogant sort of dude but I was quick to judge during our first few encounters. He was actually nice and kindda funny!

The most terrible part of the day was when we arrive at one of this check point. After being tired rushing here and there and arriving to a checkpoint where they handed out tea was a blessing. However, my gratitude soon turned into morbid horror when I found out that the tea was spiked with salt! Arghhhhh! YUCK!!! Darn you, seniors! T___T 

It was apparently one of the task and you can't go on if you don't drink the whole cup. The men have to drink a cup and so do us ladies. To me, it felt like forever before I swallowed the icky thing. I kept rolling it in my mouth with big fat tears swelling in my normally small eyes, too horrified to swallow it. They started dishing out bread to help with the process of swallowing. As if! 

Then, some people mentioned that the bread was moldy and stale WHILE I was eating it. -____- I have no idea this was a joke or not but I have no intention of having a confirmation. at. ALL. I just kept thinking, drink, swallow, chew, swallow and repeat process. I made an error when I was chewing on bread and needed something to wash it down with and began drinking the spiked tea only to realize too late that it was spike. The bits of bread that was in my mouth was soiled with salty tea and I had to swallow THAT down. I felt like hurling. It became Frankenstein all of a sudden with a mind of its on! It, the piece of bread, seemed intent in holding firmly at the back of my throat and it didn't look like it want to go down. With incredible effort, which I didn't know I had, I manage to swallow with encouragement from my fellow freshie. 

Untill now, at 2am in the morning, on my bed, I can still FEEL the tangy salty taste of spiked tea at the back of my throat. -shudders- I seriously think I can never get rid of the trauma of drinking tea for awhile. LOL

After it was all over, I get to talk to some more seniors outside of my group and towards the ending, us freshies, had to introduce ourselves. Overall, fun event, wish had more like these! 

Later on in the day, we went out to Hok Kee Seng. I got almost all the stuff I needed but I still manage to forget a few things! That's what happen when you don't write it all down. Apparently, I forgot to get tortoise food for my pet and finding a new, bigger, home for him.

I'm such a bad owner. Oh well! Maybe I'll go tomorrow if I have the time!  

I manage to decorate my side of the room and it has decidedly look more agreeable for living. I just need to organize the clothes in my cupboard, then I am one happy individual. It's getting late, I should be off to bed. Night bloggie! Love your new look, btw. 

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment